38 Meyrick Street
Consumer Line - 03454 04 05 06
Welsh Language - 03454 04 05 05
Mon to Fri - 9am to 5pm
What is the overall purpose of the role?
Telephone Adviceline Assessors deal with initial phone enquiries from clients, and, if they need further advice, help them work out the best ways to deal with this.
What will I do?
• Answering telephone calls from clients contacting the CAB service for information and advice. Answers ‘overflow’ calls from local bureaux, so clients may be calling from anywhere in Wales.
• Identifying the nature of the client’s problem, and whether the CAB can help
• Alerting supervisors if clients have emergencies or urgent advice needs, and if you need support to answer their queries
• Assisting clients to use the Adviceguide website and other on line resources to access self-help information
• Guiding them through this information and explaining it to them clearly
What skills and experience will I need to be a volunteer?
• Excellent verbal communication skills including telephone skills
• Good IT skills, particularly the ability to type and use the internet
• Ability to access relevant information including electronic and written materials, and explain these accurately to clients
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Willingness to work within the CAB aims and principles, including confidentiality and equalities (training will be provided)
• Willingness to accept supervision and training and act on feedback given